Microsoft Office and Outlook specialist
Applying Solution to your technical problem's
Windows 10 Upgrade for Free
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
Issues with search functionality in outlook 2010
Search is a powerful tool to help find email messages anywhere in Outlook.
Your issue is quite odd, it looks like there is something wrong with the settings or Outlook itself. Click this
to repair an Office application.
Moreover, below are tips on how to maximize the search functionality in Outlook:
1. Searching email
Select the search bar.
Type a name, subject, or phrase which is included in the email message that you want to find.
2. Refine your search results
Select the search bar and type a name or subject.
Select an option to refine or widen your search:
All Outlook Items
You can also select a category within the
group to further filter your search results:
– only shows results from a specific person.
- only shows results based on the subject.
– only shows emails that have attachments.
– only shows results that have a specific category assigned to them.
- searches by when the email message was received:
– searches messages
Sent to You
Not Sent Directly to You
Sent to Another Recipient
– only shows unread messages.
- only shows messages flagged by you.
- only shows emails marked as Important.
- filters your results based on more advanced criteria, such as
to run recent searches again.
Outlook saves only the recent search query, not the results.
to close the
Let us know if you need further assistance.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post Comments (Atom)